In 2020, New Ventures Australia created and launched The Digital Entrepreneur’s Leadership Forum (DELF) OZ virtual webinar series in response to the Covid19 pandemic. The theme of the series was the future of digital (media& technology) emerging in the “new normal”.
A topic which proved to be of most interest and sparking ongoing dialogue and discussion was The Future of Work and the Great Reset, the title of a presentation given by Gary Bolles, faculty Chair for the Future of Work at Singularity University.
Continuing our partnership with Gary Bolles, New Ventures Australia is excited to announce and support Global Skills Day on July 20th, 2021, (PDT time) This inspirational thoughts leader’s conference is designed to create a shared vision of an inclusive future for work and learning.
What is Global Skills Day?
Global Skills Day 2021 is a FREE worldwide virtual gathering to collaborate on the future of work and learning as we envision a post-pandemic world. Every country and community can benefit from learning the skills needed to innovate as entrepreneurs and “intrapreneurs” in organizations. At GSD21, you’ll learn from innovators around the world using skills-centric approaches to solving the problems of today and tomorrow.
GSD21 will include an Innovation Fair, inviting startups and providers from around the world to showcase their solutions for understanding, connecting, and maximizing human skills. World-class speakers from 27 countries include Google CMO Americas Lisa Gevelber, management guru John Hagel, Edcast CEO Karl Mehta, Mercer global lead for transformation services Ravin Jesuthasan, and leaders from business, non-profits, government, and education.
Register at GSD21.com
Global Skills Day 2021 will feature a number of keynote interview sessions with world-class speakers from around the global including:
- LISA GEVELBER, CMO Americas, Google / Grow With Google
- BYRON AUGUSTE, CEO, Opportunity@Work
- ARNE DUNCAN, Managing Partner, Emerson Collective, and former US Secretary of Education
- JOHN HAGEL, Founder, Beyond Our Edge LLC
- CHARLENE LI, Author, “The Disruption Mindset” (USA)
- RAVIN JESUTHASAN, Mercer (USA)
- KAILA COLBIN, Boma (New Zealand)
- JOHN FALLON, former CEO, Pearson
- KARL MEHTA, CEO, Edcast
- JAMIE MERISOTIS, CEO, Lumina Foundation
Followed by breakout tracks covering four themes
- Future of work
- Future of Learning
- Hacking HR
MediaSense Founder Hal Josephson, also a Co-founder of The Digital Entrepreneur’s Leadership Forum (DELF) series will moderate the first Future of Work session of the day:
SKILLS FOR DISTRIBUTED AND REMOTE WORK
“As the world starts returning to the workplace and experimenting with “hybrid work,” what skills do workers, managers, and teams need to have to thrive in a newly-reimagined world of work?
John O’ Duinn, CivicActions (USA)
Denise Brouder, SWAY Workplace (USA)
Jo Palmer, Pointer Remote (Australia)
Peter du Toit, FutureWork IQ (South Africa)
Lorraine Charles, Na’amal (UAE)
Join us for an engaging session and topic of both relevance and impact to the Asia pacific region.
For the full program and RSVP visit Global Skills Day here: globalskillsday.com
Below are times and a number of sessions of interest. NOTE: The program begins at 9am PDT time which is @ 2am BNE time.
Global Skills Day – July 21st 2021 AEST
1.00 am – Welcome
from Gary A. Bolles, Author, “The Next Rules of Work,” and Chair for the Future of Work, Singularity University
- Future of Work
- Future of Learning
- Hacking HR
2.00 am – Breakout Session
Future of Work – SKILLS FOR DISTRIBUTED & REMOTE WORK
- John O’Duinn, author (USA)
- Denise Brouder, SWAY Workplace (USA)
- Jo Palmer, Pointer Remote (Australia)
- Peter du Toit, FutureWork IQ (South Africa)
- Lorraine Charles, Na’amal (UAE)
Moderator: Hal Josephson, MediaSense (New Zealand)
Future of Learning – CATALYZING LEARNING @ SCALE
- Mona Mourshed, Generation (USA)
- Michael Fung, SkillsFuture Singapore
- Reshni Singh, Department of Trade & Industry (S. Africa)
- Sharmi Surinarain, Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator (Kenya)
Moderator: Gary A. Bolles, Author, “The Next Rules of Work” (USA)
5.00 am – Breakout Session
Hacking HR – HR: TRAILBLAZING THE PATH TO THE FUTURE
- Lisa Sterling, EverCommerce (USA)
- Kirstin Furber, Channel4 (UK)
- Anoop Chaudhuri, Ford Motor Company (Australia)
- Aysha Alawadhi, Emirates Islamic Bank (UAE)
Moderator: Lex Verweij, Capgemini Invent (UK)
6am – Breakout Session
Entrepreneurs – INCLUSIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Yogavelli Nambiar, Allan Gray Orbis Foundation (South Africa)
- Maria Maso, Business Angel Minority Association (baMa) (USA)
Moderator: Wendy Lea, Energize Colorado (USA)
8am- Breakout Session
Future of Learning – PLATFORMS FOR LEARNING @ SCALE
- Esther Wojcicki, Tract.app, and Author, Moonshots In Education
- Jared Chung, CareerVillage
- Devin Young, Classcraft
Moderator: April Rinne, April Worldwide
9am- Breakout Session
Hacking HR – HOW TO RESKILL & UPSKILL THE WORKFORCE – FAST
- Salema Rice, Geometric Results (USA)
- Otti Vogt, ING (former) (Netherlands)
- Carolina Astaiza, Grupo Sancho (Colombia)
- Chris Mayer, West Point (USA)
Moderator: Karen Weeks, OrderGroove (USA)
Global Skills Day is chaired by Gary A. Bolles, author of The Next Rules of Work (Kogan Page, August 2021). Gary is a frequent lecturer, writer and consultant on the future of work, learning, and the organization. Gary serves as the Chair for the Future of Work for Singularity University. Global Skills Day is produced by Heidi C. Kleinmaus, a former entertainment and international marketing executive, and frequent conference producer and speaker manager. Together, Gary and Heidi are Charrette LLC, a San Francisco-based consultancy as well as co-founders of eParachute.com, providing career-change strategies for a range of populations, based on the world’s best-selling career manual What Color Is Your Parachute?